Certificate of Citizenship of the Republic of North Macedonia
Citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia living or residing abroad for more than six months may apply for a Certificate of Citizenship at the nearest diplomatic-consular representation.
Acquiring citizenship of the Republic of North Macedonia
Citizens entitled to citizenship of the Republic of North Macedonia may initiate the procedure for acquiring citizenship at the nearest diplomatic-consular representation. Please follow this link for more information on the Process for acquiring citizenship of RNM.
Renouncing citizenship at the DCRs of the Republic of North Macedonia
The citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia may renounce their Macedonian citizenship under the following conditions:
- have reached the age of 18;
- have duly settled all their property-legal and other public obligations towards all state and private entities, enterprises, organisations and other legal and natural persons;
- have regulated all the property-legal and other public obligations arising from marriage or parent-child relationships towards persons living in the Republic of North Macedonia;
- have submitted proof issued by a competent authority that no liquidation of dissolution proceedings have been initiated against a company they are founders or shareholders of; or against a sole-proprietor, if applicable;
- no criminal proceedings have been initiated for an offence prosecuted ex officio;
- have served their prison sentence for the crime they were convicted of;
- have proof of foreign citizenship or a guarantee that foreign citizenship will be granted after renouncing their Macedonian citizenship;
Please follow the link for more information
Document needed for renouncing Macedonian citizenship:
- Filled out application to renounce the citizenship of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- Signed resume of the applicant;
- Extract from the Registry of Marriages if married;
- Guarantee that foreign citizenship will be granted (The fee pursuant to LAF - Tariff No. 131 (request) is 8 euros, the fee under Tariff No. 145 (service) is 130 euros, under Tariff No. 4 (decision) is 100 euros, under Tariff No. 147 (authentication of official signature and seal) is 120 euros or 358 euros in total, plus the fee under Tariff No. 132 (delivery to/from RM) which is 6 euros within Europe and 9 euros outside of Europe);
- Consent of the child over the age of 15 if the application to renounce is on his behalf;
- Parental consent for a child under 18 years of age,
- If it contravenes the national security interests of the Republic of North Macedonia the application to renounce Macedonian citizenship may be denied.